A Few Important Pali Language Words and Their Meaning
Abidhamma = Pertaining to Dhammas
Pariyatti = Study of the theoretical aspects of the Dhamma.
Sama-sam-buddha = One who rediscovers the teachings and teaches the masses as the historical Buddha did.
Vinaya Pitaka = The Vinaya Pitaka contains the rules for monks and nuns, monastic jurisprudence & the early history of the Sangha.
Tipitaka = “Path” or “Way of Dhamma”. This book consists of a collection of 423 verses grouped into 26 chapters.
Paccekabuddha = A silent Buddha.
Arahant = Fully enlightened person.
Dhamma = Teaching & doctrines of the Buddha, called as Dhamma because they explain & describe nature of things, the way things are, and the way they operate.
Bodhisatta = A person who is seeking to be a Buddha
Nibbana = A Bliss of No-Craving
4 Stages in the realization of Nibbana
Sotapanna – Stream-entrant
Sakadagami – Once returner
Anagami – Non returner
Arahant – The Holy One
Buddha = Gyan/Vigyan/Tarq/Bodhi,
Dhamma = Gyan ka Marg/Astangik Marg/Madhyam Marg,
Sangha = Gyan ke Marg par chal rahe/chalchuke log
Please Support “Friends for Education International”
Support “Dalit Camera”
Support Sakya Hostel Students
Support Jai Bhim Network, Hungary (www.refuge.hu)
- 575,178 hits
Free Books and More…
- RT @dalitcamera: Mahaparinirvan Din 2013: youtu.be/nEqcLUO6Eo8?a via @YouTube 2 hours ago
- Somewhere between Burqa of Secularism and the Khaki Shorts of Communalism... people have completely forgotten to wear the "Hat of Wisdom"! 3 days ago
- "@Neiltiss: Dalit 7 year old minor gang-raped in Bihar, is in critical condition timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Dalit-mi…" shameful! 4 days ago
- RT @dalitfreedom: Today is the Int'l Day for the #Abolition of #Slavery. India has half the world's slaves & most are #Dalit. http://t.co/D… 4 days ago
- RT @abpnewstv: NGO publishes pamphlets targeting BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi. See the picture below- http://t.co/IN9lXqliu0 5 days ago
Lord Buddha Photos
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar on Religion
- HHDL responds to the passing away of Nelson Mandela in this clip from his talk in New Delhi, India on December 6th. youtu.be/s_3NVO7c8Oc 1 hour ago
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama expresses condolences at the passing away of Nelson Mandela dalaila.ma/1d0qKVz 1 day ago
- It’s harmful to employ technology fired by anger and hatred. It can only be beneficial if we’re motivated to seek the welfare of all beings. 4 days ago
- Live webcasts: HHDL's teachings from New Delhi, India on December 2-3, 2013. dalailama.com/liveweb 1 week ago
- Sometimes things go wrong; that’s normal. But we have a saying in Tibetan, ‘Nine times fail, nine times try again'. 1 week ago
- Europe’s only primary school to teach through Buddhist principlesThe Dharma Primary School in Brighton, UK offers rounded academic education rooted in mindfulness – helping children develop creativity, empathy, self-awareness and confidence Brighton, UK -- Dharma Primary School, in Brighton, is the only primary school in the UK to offer an education based on Buddhist values. This independent school is open to children age […]
- Why I became a primary school teacher: it was my lifelong ambition
- Archaeologists' discovery puts Buddha's birth 300 years earlier
- World Buddhists plan grand celebrations in Vietnam
- Explore Tibetan Buddhist philosophy with Lama Lakshey
- Daily Words of the Buddha for December 07, 2013Na tena paṇḍito hoti yāvatā bahu bhāsati. Khemī, averī abhayo ‘‘paṇḍito’’ti pavuccati. Listen One is not wise because one speaks much. One who is peaceable, friendly and fearless is called "wise". Dhammapada 19.258 View Pāli on Tipitaka.org The Dhammapada: The Buddha's Path of Wisdom, translated from the Pali by Acharya Buddharakkhita Book Det […]
- Triratna News is moving - and thebuddhistcentre launchesPreview of thebuddhistcentre.com from thebuddhistcentre on Vimeo.This is a preview video for the full version of thebuddhistcentre.com from the Triratna Buddhist Community. The first phase is now live!Big news today on Triratna News - and an invitation to all our readers to check out our new online home! This is Triratna News' last appearance here on B […]
- Would you like to hear more about our Movement in India?Over the next few weeks Indian Order members will be visiting UK Centres and talking about their lives and work. This is a great opportunity to get a different perspective on our Movement and the Dharma. One of the benefits of experiencing the internationality of our Movement is seeing what of Buddhism is cultural. Throughout it's history the Dharma has […]
- Sangharakshita's Diary August 2011Vidyaruchi, Sangharakshita's secretary, writes with his usual update on Bhante's activities over the past month. He says -"Literary work, old and new, has been the main theme of the last month. Bhante's series of 'Reveries and Reminiscences' is now coming to the end of its fourth instalment (the third appears in this month […]
- Manjusvara - Three Poems and a FuneralJuly 6th saw Triratna’s Bristol sangha celebrating the funeral of Manjusvara, who died leading a retreat at Dhanakosa. Kamalamani has sent us an account of the day, and we’ve discovered three poems by Manjusvara in the latest edition of the Bristol Buddhist Centre’s on-line newsletter, which we reproduce below. Bristol’s Newsletter contains a moving ‘Rejoici […]
- New home for Triratna’s Liverpool Buddhist CentreBuddhashanti writes from Triratna’s Liverpool Buddhist Centre to say -“Dear Friends, this to let you know that we moved on Sunday 10 July to a new home in Rodney Street. Five of us - Mary, Jose, Antoinette, Lindsey and I processed up Duke Street to Rodney Street carrying our small Buddha rupa and thanka and chanting the Shakyamuni mantra. This was a good i […]
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
22 Vows administered by Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar on 14th Oct. 1956 at Diksha Bhoomi, Nagpur (India)
|sunil kasture on Dr. B. R. Ambedkar on Indian c…|
|Social Inclusion vis… on Dr B R Ambedkar Books|
|Pardeep on Marathi Books on Dr Ambedkar…|
|Rahul U. Pahurkar on Marathi Books on Dr Ambedkar…|
|prakash khillare on Original Photos: Dr B R A…|
|prakash khillare on Original Photos: Dr B R A…|
|Dr.Ashish gajbhiye on Lord Buddha Television –…|
|triveni shanker verm… on Educational Biography of Dr B.…|
|Manjit on Educational Biography of Dr B.…|
|Prakash Jalhare on Movie : Dr B R Ambedkar|