A Few Important Pali Language Words and Their Meaning
Abidhamma = Pertaining to Dhammas
Pariyatti = Study of the theoretical aspects of the Dhamma.
Sama-sam-buddha = One who rediscovers the teachings and teaches the masses as the historical Buddha did.
Vinaya Pitaka = The Vinaya Pitaka contains the rules for monks and nuns, monastic jurisprudence & the early history of the Sangha.
Tipitaka = “Path” or “Way of Dhamma”. This book consists of a collection of 423 verses grouped into 26 chapters.
Paccekabuddha = A silent Buddha.
Arahant = Fully enlightened person.
Dhamma = Teaching & doctrines of the Buddha, called as Dhamma because they explain & describe nature of things, the way things are, and the way they operate.
Bodhisatta = A person who is seeking to be a Buddha
Nibbana = A Bliss of No-Craving
4 Stages in the realization of Nibbana
Sotapanna – Stream-entrant
Sakadagami – Once returner
Anagami – Non returner
Arahant – The Holy One
Buddha = Gyan/Vigyan/Tarq/Bodhi,
Dhamma = Gyan ka Marg/Astangik Marg/Madhyam Marg,
Sangha = Gyan ke Marg par chal rahe/chalchuke log
Please Support “Friends for Education International”
Support “Dalit Camera”
Support Sakya Hostel Students
Support Jai Bhim Network, Hungary (www.refuge.hu)
- 758,411 hits
Free Books and More…
- I just voted in the @UN #globalvote. This is the world I want. Check out my video: vote.myworld2015.org/v54257c5b 5 days ago
- Interactive currency-comparison tool: The Big Mac index | The Economist econ.st/13e0V0p 1 week ago
- Working time needed to buy a Big Mac | The Economist econ.st/JwVuEo 1 week ago
- RT @NiroshaniS: Sri Lanka’s rank for IT/BPM jumps to 16th in the world ft.lk/2014/09/23/sri…"#fb" 1 week ago
- RT @IrishUnity: Can you give this a retweet? I know 99% of you won't but to the 1% who will, thank you. http://t.co/P0HESDxnrz 1 month ago
Lord Buddha Photos
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar on Religion
- Live webcast: HHDL with Nobel Laureates in Dharamsala, India starting at 9:30am IST on October 2nd. dalailama.com/live-nobel 8 hours ago
- If you’re angry and resentful it’s like being part of a chain reaction; forgiveness puts a stop to anger, ill-will and a desire for revenge. 2 days ago
- It is evident that to help others rather than harming them, treating them with love and compassion leads to lasting trust and friendship. 5 days ago
- The idea of one side suffering defeat while the other side triumphs is out of date. Instead we have to develop dialogue. 1 week ago
- Live Webcasts: HHDL convenes "A Meeting of Diverse Spiritual Traditions in India" Sept 20-21 from New Delhi, India. dalailama.com/live-interfaith 1 week ago
- The Buddhist Jataka Stories and the DSM based Mental DisordersThat millions of people share the same forms of mental pathology does not make these people sane.” - Erich Fromm Colombo, Sri Lanka -- The Jataka stories or Jataka tales are a voluminous body of folklore concerned with previous births of the Buddha which is based as a collection of five hundred and fifty stories. Originally it comprise of 547 poems, arranged […]
- China embraces enlightenment
- Wirathu strengthens ties with Sri Lankan Buddhists to counter "jihad"
- ENGAGED DIALOGUE: The Best Happiness Is Peace
- Palo Alto Buddhist Temple marks milestone
- Daily Words of the Buddha for October 01, 2014Attānañce piyaṃ jaññā na naṃ pāpena saṃyuje, na hi taṃ sulabhaṃ hoti sukhaṃ dukkaṭakārinā. Listen If you hold yourself dear then don't fetter yourself with evil, for happiness isn't easily gained by one who commits a wrong-doing. Saṃyutta Nikāya 1.115 View Pāli on Tipitaka.org Translated from the Pali by Thanissaro Bhikkhu Pariyatti is a non-profit […]
- Triratna News is moving - and thebuddhistcentre launchesPreview of thebuddhistcentre.com from thebuddhistcentre on Vimeo.This is a preview video for the full version of thebuddhistcentre.com from the Triratna Buddhist Community. The first phase is now live!Big news today on Triratna News - and an invitation to all our readers to check out our new online home! This is Triratna News' last appearance here on B […]
- Would you like to hear more about our Movement in India?Over the next few weeks Indian Order members will be visiting UK Centres and talking about their lives and work. This is a great opportunity to get a different perspective on our Movement and the Dharma. One of the benefits of experiencing the internationality of our Movement is seeing what of Buddhism is cultural. Throughout it's history the Dharma has […]
- Sangharakshita's Diary August 2011Vidyaruchi, Sangharakshita's secretary, writes with his usual update on Bhante's activities over the past month. He says -"Literary work, old and new, has been the main theme of the last month. Bhante's series of 'Reveries and Reminiscences' is now coming to the end of its fourth instalment (the third appears in this month […]
- Manjusvara - Three Poems and a FuneralJuly 6th saw Triratna’s Bristol sangha celebrating the funeral of Manjusvara, who died leading a retreat at Dhanakosa. Kamalamani has sent us an account of the day, and we’ve discovered three poems by Manjusvara in the latest edition of the Bristol Buddhist Centre’s on-line newsletter, which we reproduce below. Bristol’s Newsletter contains a moving ‘Rejoici […]
- New home for Triratna’s Liverpool Buddhist CentreBuddhashanti writes from Triratna’s Liverpool Buddhist Centre to say -“Dear Friends, this to let you know that we moved on Sunday 10 July to a new home in Rodney Street. Five of us - Mary, Jose, Antoinette, Lindsey and I processed up Duke Street to Rodney Street carrying our small Buddha rupa and thanka and chanting the Shakyamuni mantra. This was a good i […]
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
22 Vows administered by Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar on 14th Oct. 1956 at Diksha Bhoomi, Nagpur (India)
|shrikantlondhe on Dr. Ambedkar’s Final Wor…|
|AKASH KUMAR on Wallpapers on Dr. B. R. A…|
|gaikwad on Marathi Books on Dr Ambedkar…|
|Surjeet on 1st January,1818: The Battle o…|
|The great Indian wom… on ‘First Lady’ Teach…|
|palindia on ‘First Lady’ Teach…|
|Sunil parmar on Happy Babasaheb Ambedkar …|
|erra raju on Happy Babasaheb Ambedkar …|
|NANDAGOPAL on ‘First Lady’ Teach…|
|Sanan Himmat sonawan… on Marathi Books on Dr Ambedkar…|