A Few Important Pali Language Words and Their Meaning
Abidhamma = Pertaining to Dhammas
Pariyatti = Study of the theoretical aspects of the Dhamma.
Sama-sam-buddha = One who rediscovers the teachings and teaches the masses as the historical Buddha did.
Vinaya Pitaka = The Vinaya Pitaka contains the rules for monks and nuns, monastic jurisprudence & the early history of the Sangha.
Tipitaka = “Path” or “Way of Dhamma”. This book consists of a collection of 423 verses grouped into 26 chapters.
Paccekabuddha = A silent Buddha.
Arahant = Fully enlightened person.
Dhamma = Teaching & doctrines of the Buddha, called as Dhamma because they explain & describe nature of things, the way things are, and the way they operate.
Bodhisatta = A person who is seeking to be a Buddha
Nibbana = A Bliss of No-Craving
4 Stages in the realization of Nibbana
Sotapanna – Stream-entrant
Sakadagami – Once returner
Anagami – Non returner
Arahant – The Holy One
Buddha = Gyan/Vigyan/Tarq/Bodhi,
Dhamma = Gyan ka Marg/Astangik Marg/Madhyam Marg,
Sangha = Gyan ke Marg par chal rahe/chalchuke log
Please Support “Friends for Education International”
Support “Dalit Camera”
Support Sakya Hostel Students
Support Jai Bhim Network, Hungary (www.refuge.hu)
- 736,344 hits
Free Books and More…
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Lord Buddha Photos
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar on Religion
- When we have an altruistic motivation, all our actions become constructive. 5 days ago
- We need cooperation based on trust and self-confidence to create an open, compassionate, harmonious society. 1 month ago
- There needs to be a systematic approach to introducing inner values, a warm-hearted concern for all human beings, into education. 1 month ago
- Compassion is a source of happiness, while self-centerdness can lead ultimately to violence. 1 month ago
- HHDL thanking the crowd at celebrations honoring his 79th birthday at the 33rd Kalachakra in Ladakh, India on July 6 http://t.co/2zyBX0bc6S 1 month ago
- Indonesia tightens security at world’s largest Buddhist temple after ISIS threatJogjakarta, Indonedia -- Indonesian police have been put on alert at the Borobudur Temple after a threat against the world’s biggest Buddhist temple and UNESCO World heritage Site was made on Facebook by Islamic State supporters.
- Ananda Guruge: Chronicler of the Buddhist revival
- Trans*Buddhism, an interview with the creators of transbuddhists.org
- Thousands of Bhutan's poorest children living and studying in monasteries can now report any mistreatment or abuse
- Zen and the Alexandria Open Meditation Group
- Daily Words of the Buddha for August 30, 2014So karohi dīpamattano! Khippaṃ vāyama paṇḍito bhava! Niddhantamalo anaṅgaṇo, na punaṃ jātijaraṃ upehisi. Listen Make an island unto yourself! Strive hard and become wise! Rid of impurities and cleansed of stain, you shall not come again to birth and decay. Dhammapada 18.238 View Pāli on Tipitaka.org The Dhammapada: The Buddha's Path of Wisdom, translate […]
- Triratna News is moving - and thebuddhistcentre launchesPreview of thebuddhistcentre.com from thebuddhistcentre on Vimeo.This is a preview video for the full version of thebuddhistcentre.com from the Triratna Buddhist Community. The first phase is now live!Big news today on Triratna News - and an invitation to all our readers to check out our new online home! This is Triratna News' last appearance here on B […]
- Would you like to hear more about our Movement in India?Over the next few weeks Indian Order members will be visiting UK Centres and talking about their lives and work. This is a great opportunity to get a different perspective on our Movement and the Dharma. One of the benefits of experiencing the internationality of our Movement is seeing what of Buddhism is cultural. Throughout it's history the Dharma has […]
- Sangharakshita's Diary August 2011Vidyaruchi, Sangharakshita's secretary, writes with his usual update on Bhante's activities over the past month. He says -"Literary work, old and new, has been the main theme of the last month. Bhante's series of 'Reveries and Reminiscences' is now coming to the end of its fourth instalment (the third appears in this month […]
- Manjusvara - Three Poems and a FuneralJuly 6th saw Triratna’s Bristol sangha celebrating the funeral of Manjusvara, who died leading a retreat at Dhanakosa. Kamalamani has sent us an account of the day, and we’ve discovered three poems by Manjusvara in the latest edition of the Bristol Buddhist Centre’s on-line newsletter, which we reproduce below. Bristol’s Newsletter contains a moving ‘Rejoici […]
- New home for Triratna’s Liverpool Buddhist CentreBuddhashanti writes from Triratna’s Liverpool Buddhist Centre to say -“Dear Friends, this to let you know that we moved on Sunday 10 July to a new home in Rodney Street. Five of us - Mary, Jose, Antoinette, Lindsey and I processed up Duke Street to Rodney Street carrying our small Buddha rupa and thanka and chanting the Shakyamuni mantra. This was a good i […]
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.