A Few Important Pali Language Words and Their Meaning
Abidhamma = Pertaining to Dhammas
Pariyatti = Study of the theoretical aspects of the Dhamma.
Sama-sam-buddha = One who rediscovers the teachings and teaches the masses as the historical Buddha did.
Vinaya Pitaka = The Vinaya Pitaka contains the rules for monks and nuns, monastic jurisprudence & the early history of the Sangha.
Tipitaka = “Path” or “Way of Dhamma”. This book consists of a collection of 423 verses grouped into 26 chapters.
Paccekabuddha = A silent Buddha.
Arahant = Fully enlightened person.
Dhamma = Teaching & doctrines of the Buddha, called as Dhamma because they explain & describe nature of things, the way things are, and the way they operate.
Bodhisatta = A person who is seeking to be a Buddha
Nibbana = A Bliss of No-Craving
4 Stages in the realization of Nibbana
Sotapanna – Stream-entrant
Sakadagami – Once returner
Anagami – Non returner
Arahant – The Holy One
Buddha = Gyan/Vigyan/Tarq/Bodhi,
Dhamma = Gyan ka Marg/Astangik Marg/Madhyam Marg,
Sangha = Gyan ke Marg par chal rahe/chalchuke log
Please Support “Friends for Education International”
Support “Dalit Camera”
Support Sakya Hostel Students
Support Jai Bhim Network, Hungary (www.refuge.hu)
- 802,323 hits
Free Books and More…
- RT @babasaheb_org: Untouchability is nothing but slavery. Tell a slave, he is a slave he will revolt. -- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar (... http:… 4 hours ago
- RT @henleymba: Engineers should embrace the arts! ht.ly/EURUR 1 day ago
- Thanks @HenleyBSchool for Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce visit! @henleymba http://t.co/phHTWzvLla 1 day ago
- At Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce, thank you @HenleyBSchool for this opportunity! 1 day ago
- "15 Movies MBA students can’t afford to miss!" linkedin.com/pulse/article/… 2 days ago
Lord Buddha Photos
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar on Religion
- My number one commitment is to extend awareness that peace of mind depends on our cultivating inner values. 3 days ago
- Affection, warm-heartedness, that makes us happy; wealth alone can’t do that. 6 days ago
- The value of compassion and forgiveness is not confined to matters of religion. These are human values that we shouldn’t neglect. 1 week ago
- Patience as we wait to take action is a kind of compassionate mind. Impatience on the other hand can be a source of failure. 1 week ago
- A calm mind makes us relaxed, improves our health and makes for happier families and communities. 2 weeks ago
- The Monk Who Gave Up Acting With Laurence Olivier To Lead Buddhism In British PrisonsWarwickshire, UK -- A large, golden Buddha smiles serenely behind the Venerable Ajahn Khemadhammo, as we meet in his forest hermitage in rural Warwickshire. Slight, shaven-headed and with with dark hairs adorning the bare shoulder not covered by his brown robe, the 70-year-old ordained monk is a leading force in British Buddhism, who works with some of the f […]
- Female Monks Challenge Buddhism’s Misogynistic Tendencies
- Four South Koreans held over theft of Tsushima Buddhist statue
- Sri Lanka: Rehabilitation of Buddhist Temples Foundation's inaugural fund program
- Fake Buddhist monks duping people of cash in downtown Vancouver
- Daily Words of the Buddha for November 27, 2014Hitānukampī sambuddho yadaññamanusāsati, anurodhavirodhehi vippamutto tathāgato. Listen When the Buddha teaches others he does so out of compassion, because the Tathagata is wholly freed from both favour and aversion. Saṃyutta Nikāya 1.150 View Pāli on Tipitaka.org Gemstones of the Good Dhamma, compiled and translated by Ven. S. Dhammika Book Details Pariyat […]
- Triratna News is moving - and thebuddhistcentre launchesPreview of thebuddhistcentre.com from thebuddhistcentre on Vimeo.This is a preview video for the full version of thebuddhistcentre.com from the Triratna Buddhist Community. The first phase is now live!Big news today on Triratna News - and an invitation to all our readers to check out our new online home! This is Triratna News' last appearance here on B […]
- Would you like to hear more about our Movement in India?Over the next few weeks Indian Order members will be visiting UK Centres and talking about their lives and work. This is a great opportunity to get a different perspective on our Movement and the Dharma. One of the benefits of experiencing the internationality of our Movement is seeing what of Buddhism is cultural. Throughout it's history the Dharma has […]
- Sangharakshita's Diary August 2011Vidyaruchi, Sangharakshita's secretary, writes with his usual update on Bhante's activities over the past month. He says -"Literary work, old and new, has been the main theme of the last month. Bhante's series of 'Reveries and Reminiscences' is now coming to the end of its fourth instalment (the third appears in this month […]
- Manjusvara - Three Poems and a FuneralJuly 6th saw Triratna’s Bristol sangha celebrating the funeral of Manjusvara, who died leading a retreat at Dhanakosa. Kamalamani has sent us an account of the day, and we’ve discovered three poems by Manjusvara in the latest edition of the Bristol Buddhist Centre’s on-line newsletter, which we reproduce below. Bristol’s Newsletter contains a moving ‘Rejoici […]
- New home for Triratna’s Liverpool Buddhist CentreBuddhashanti writes from Triratna’s Liverpool Buddhist Centre to say -“Dear Friends, this to let you know that we moved on Sunday 10 July to a new home in Rodney Street. Five of us - Mary, Jose, Antoinette, Lindsey and I processed up Duke Street to Rodney Street carrying our small Buddha rupa and thanka and chanting the Shakyamuni mantra. This was a good i […]
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
22 Vows administered by Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar on 14th Oct. 1956 at Diksha Bhoomi, Nagpur (India)
|lovey on I, Ravidas, proclaim all Vedas…|
|jitendra malviya on Educational Biography of Dr B.…|
|Pardeep on Will Sikh Leaders install Hind…|
|Manpreet on Will Sikh Leaders install Hind…|
|mr. paul on Happy Babasaheb Ambedkar …|
|Sushil Anant Tambe on Marathi Books on Dr Ambedkar…|
|nitin on Upcoming movie: 500 The Battle…|
|raja baboo ambedkar on 06 Dec 1956: Mahaparinirvan…|
|nitin dattu kamble on 1st January,1818: The Battle o…|
|nitin dattu kamble on 1st January,1818: The Battle o…|