Home > Caste Discrimination, Casteism, Dalit-Bahujans, Equal Rights > “I Have a Dream” – A speech by Martin Luther King Jr.
“I Have a Dream” – A speech by Martin Luther King Jr.
“I Have a Dream” – A speech of Martin Luther King Jr. delivered on 28 August 1963, at the Lincoln Memorial, Washington D.C.
Text of the speech at http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/mlkihaveadream.htm
I have same dreams for the Dalits of India.
Please Support “Friends for Education International”
Support “Dalit Camera”
Support Sakya Hostel Students
Support Jai Bhim Network, Hungary (www.refuge.hu)
- 577,230 hits
Free Books and More…
- RT @dalitcamera: Mahaparinirvan Din 2013: youtu.be/nEqcLUO6Eo8?a via @YouTube 3 days ago
- Somewhere between Burqa of Secularism and the Khaki Shorts of Communalism... people have completely forgotten to wear the "Hat of Wisdom"! 1 week ago
- "@Neiltiss: Dalit 7 year old minor gang-raped in Bihar, is in critical condition timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Dalit-mi…" shameful! 1 week ago
- RT @dalitfreedom: Today is the Int'l Day for the #Abolition of #Slavery. India has half the world's slaves & most are #Dalit. http://t.co/D… 1 week ago
- RT @abpnewstv: NGO publishes pamphlets targeting BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi. See the picture below- http://t.co/IN9lXqliu0 1 week ago
Lord Buddha Photos
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar on Religion
"Some people think that religion is not essential to the society. I do not hold this view. I consider the foundations of religion are essential to the society. At the roots of Hindu social system lies a Dharma as prescribed in the Manusmriti. Such being the case I do not think it is possible to abolish the inequality in the Hindu society unless foundations of the Smriti-religion is removed and a better one laid in its place."
- All beings want to live in peace and happiness, undisturbed. Therefore the concept of human rights is universal. 2 hours ago
- Anger and hatred lead to fear; compassion and concern for others allow us to develop self-confidence, which breeds trust and friendship. 1 day ago
- HHDL responds to the passing away of Nelson Mandela in this clip from his talk in New Delhi, India on December 6th. youtu.be/s_3NVO7c8Oc 3 days ago
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama expresses condolences at the passing away of Nelson Mandela dalaila.ma/1d0qKVz 4 days ago
- It’s harmful to employ technology fired by anger and hatred. It can only be beneficial if we’re motivated to seek the welfare of all beings. 1 week ago
- Europe’s only primary school to teach through Buddhist principlesThe Dharma Primary School in Brighton, UK offers rounded academic education rooted in mindfulness – helping children develop creativity, empathy, self-awareness and confidence Brighton, UK -- Dharma Primary School, in Brighton, is the only primary school in the UK to offer an education based on Buddhist values. This independent school is open to children age […]
- Why I became a primary school teacher: it was my lifelong ambition
- Archaeologists' discovery puts Buddha's birth 300 years earlier
- World Buddhists plan grand celebrations in Vietnam
- Explore Tibetan Buddhist philosophy with Lama Lakshey
- Daily Words of the Buddha for December 10, 2013Diso disaṃ yaṃ taṃ kayirā, verī vā pana verinaṃ; micchāpaṇihitaṃ cittaṃ pāpiyo naṃ tato kare. Listen Whatever an enemy might do to an enemy, or a foe to a foe, the ill-directed mind can do to you even worse. Udāna 4.33 View Pāli on Tipitaka.org Translated from the Pali by Thanissaro Bhikkhu Pariyatti is a non-profit organization supported by purchases and co […]
- Triratna News is moving - and thebuddhistcentre launchesPreview of thebuddhistcentre.com from thebuddhistcentre on Vimeo.This is a preview video for the full version of thebuddhistcentre.com from the Triratna Buddhist Community. The first phase is now live!Big news today on Triratna News - and an invitation to all our readers to check out our new online home! This is Triratna News' last appearance here on B […]
- Would you like to hear more about our Movement in India?Over the next few weeks Indian Order members will be visiting UK Centres and talking about their lives and work. This is a great opportunity to get a different perspective on our Movement and the Dharma. One of the benefits of experiencing the internationality of our Movement is seeing what of Buddhism is cultural. Throughout it's history the Dharma has […]
- Sangharakshita's Diary August 2011Vidyaruchi, Sangharakshita's secretary, writes with his usual update on Bhante's activities over the past month. He says -"Literary work, old and new, has been the main theme of the last month. Bhante's series of 'Reveries and Reminiscences' is now coming to the end of its fourth instalment (the third appears in this month […]
- Manjusvara - Three Poems and a FuneralJuly 6th saw Triratna’s Bristol sangha celebrating the funeral of Manjusvara, who died leading a retreat at Dhanakosa. Kamalamani has sent us an account of the day, and we’ve discovered three poems by Manjusvara in the latest edition of the Bristol Buddhist Centre’s on-line newsletter, which we reproduce below. Bristol’s Newsletter contains a moving ‘Rejoici […]
- New home for Triratna’s Liverpool Buddhist CentreBuddhashanti writes from Triratna’s Liverpool Buddhist Centre to say -“Dear Friends, this to let you know that we moved on Sunday 10 July to a new home in Rodney Street. Five of us - Mary, Jose, Antoinette, Lindsey and I processed up Duke Street to Rodney Street carrying our small Buddha rupa and thanka and chanting the Shakyamuni mantra. This was a good i […]
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
22 Vows administered by Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar on 14th Oct. 1956 at Diksha Bhoomi, Nagpur (India)
1. I shall not consider Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh as God nor shall I worship them. 2. I shall not consider Ram and Krishna as God nor shall I worship them. 3. I shall not believe in Gouri-Ganesh and other Gods and goddesses of Hindu Religion nor shall I worship them. 4. I don’t have faith incarnation of God. 5. I believe that, Buddha is incarnation of Vishnu, is a false and malicious propaganda. 6. I shall not perform shraddha, nor shall I give pind-dan. 7. I shall not practice anything which is against and different from Buddha’s Dhamma. 8. I will not perform any rituals to be performed by Brahmins. 9. I believe that all human beings are equal. 10. I shall make efforts to establish equality. 11. I shall follow the Eightfold path as told by the Buddha. 12. I shall practice ten Paramitas as told by the Buddha. 13. I shall have compassion and living kindness for all living beings and protect them. 14. I shall not steal. 15. I shall not tell lies. 16. I shall not commit any sexual misconduct. 17. I shall not consume liquor/intoxicants. 18. I shall lead a life based on Buddhist Principle of wisdom, Precepts, and compassion. 19. I denounce Hindu religion which is Harmful for my development as a human being and which has treated human being unequal lowly and I accept Buddha’s Dhamma. 20. I am convinced that Buddha’s Dhamma is Saddhamma. 21. I believe that I am taking new birth. 22. I commit that henceforth I shall act as per Buddha’s principles and teachings.
You can email me at email@example.com
All data and information provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The opinions expressed by the author of drambedkarbooks.wordpress.com are the author's alone. drambedkarbooks.wordpress.com makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. There is no copy right of the material, so one can use the information given on drambedkarbooks.wordpress.com wherever one wants without permission.
|sunil kasture on Dr. B. R. Ambedkar on Indian c…|
|Social Inclusion vis… on Dr B R Ambedkar Books|
|Pardeep on Marathi Books on Dr Ambedkar…|
|Rahul U. Pahurkar on Marathi Books on Dr Ambedkar…|
|prakash khillare on Original Photos: Dr B R A…|
|prakash khillare on Original Photos: Dr B R A…|
|Dr.Ashish gajbhiye on Lord Buddha Television –…|
|triveni shanker verm… on Educational Biography of Dr B.…|
|Manjit on Educational Biography of Dr B.…|
|Prakash Jalhare on Movie : Dr B R Ambedkar|